Sample Tuscany - TTST18
Number of Days: 8
Our ‘Tuscany’ tour spans 8 days and takes you to some of Tuscany’s most renowned locations allowing you to experience some of the many treasures this wonderful region has to offer from the wonderful tour locations, sumptuous regional food and wine whilst connecting you with the locals. Staying at a traditional family-run Tuscan Villa you will see how life is not only within the townships but on the land.
Our Tuscan tours will delight and inspire you; Cortona, the atmosphere and beauty of timeless Cortona make it one of the pearls of Tuscany; visit the world-famous Museo dell Accademia Etrusca. Experience the beautiful city of Siena, famous for ‘Il Palio’ bareback horse race, enjoy lunch in the spectacular Piazza del Campo whilst watching the passing parade of tourists and locals going about their daily lives. San Gimignano, famous for its towers and excellent white wine ‘Vernaccia di San Gimignano’. Florence, it’s imbibing arts and culture, shopping and the famous Ponte Vecchio over the Arno River. Chianti, the spectacular countryside in this world famous wine growing area, with vineyards, olive groves, farmhouses and castles, will leave you breathless.
- Tuscan Villa Accommodation (one location)
- Leisurely paced 7 days
- Iconic locations & Medieval Villages
- Travel as a local and not a tourist
- Visits and Wine Tastings at Vineyards
- Regional Food & Wine daily
- Meet and connect with local artisans
Day 1 - Arrival
We transfer you to your accommodation and allow you to settle in and familiarise yourself with your new surroundings which will be “home” for the next 7 days. Dinner in Cortona.
Day 2 - Cortona
Today we spend the day in the local Medieval township of Cortona, the setting for the movie and book “Under the Tuscan Sun”. Il Museo dell’Accademia Etrusca in the town centre is a very popular location. Visit the many boutiques, art galleries, stroll to the “high point” and visit Chiesa di Santa Margherita, where the Saint’s remains are encased high on the altar. Return to the villa mid to late afternoon for a little relaxation by the pool. Dinner in Cortona.
Day 3 - Siena
We travel to Siena, a visit to the spectacular Piazza del Campo, where the famous bareback horserace is held. Visit Il Duomo and The Mangia Tower or simply stroll the streets and enjoy the ambience and the various delights Siena has to offer, from the little food stores which offer lots of tempting treats to the beautiful stores offering hand-painted ceramics and leatherware. From there we visit San Gimignano for the afternoon. This is a beautiful medieval township which really is a step back in time. This township houses many stores which offer a very broad range of painted ceramics as well as leatherware and alabaster. Two wonderful piazzas where you can simply stroll, visit a museum or climb a tower for a breathtaking view of the Val d’Elsa. Or simply sit and enjoy a delicious gelato. Dinner in Cortona.
Day 4 - Montepulciano
Located in the Val d’Orcia this township is a true gem, great shopping, wonderful Trattorias, Cantinas and Sulumerias for wine and cheese tastings. Location of dinner to be decided on the day
Day 5 - Florence
Independent train travel to Florence; train ticket, maps, and transfer to and from our local train station on the day is included in the tour cost. Should you wish to visit the Uffizi/L’Accademia or other galleries/monuments, pre-purchase of tickets should be arranged prior to your tour commencement to avoid long waiting periods upon your arrival. Dinner at the villa by the pool or in Cortona.
Day 6 - Chianti
A leisurely day of taking in the most amazing views, whilst driving through this most famous wine growing area of Tuscany. During the morning we will visit the village of Castellina prior to visiting a vineyard, interact with the winemakers and enjoy lunch and a wine tasting whilst taking in spectacular views of vineyards and olive groves. Return to the villa late afternoon. Dinner in Cortona
Day 7 - Free Day
You may choose to “stay in” enjoy the pool and relax. Alternatively, you may choose to visit a local township where you can spend the day “exploring”. We will arrange transportation to and from our local train station. Dinner in Cortona.
Day 8 - Tour concludes
After a leisurely breakfast, we transfer you to the local train station for your departure.
Tour cost includes:
- Accommodation for 7 nights’ in a Tuscan villa (one accommodation for the duration of the tour) with all modern facilities and a fantastic swimming pool with stunning views of the surrounding countryside and the Medieval township of Cortona on the hilltop. The apartments within the villa are fully self-contained and will be entirely for your use, either one, two or three bedrooms, spacious living area and fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities.
- Bi-Lingual Hosts for the duration of your tour
- 5 day tours to itinerary locations
- All breakfasts (continental)
- Welcome pack of local delicacies and seasonal fruit
- Complimentary bottle of wine & beer
- 4 Light lunches
- 7 dinners (a-la-carte) at a local trattoria or restaurant. Wine included with dinner.
- All travel to and from tour locations as detailed on itinerary, via 8 seater vehicle.
- Train tickets for independent travel to Florence
- Wine tasting at selected vineyards/ establishments
- Maps for all itinerary locations
- Transfers to local train station or Cortona on tour free days
- Transfers to and from the local train station on your arrival and departure days
- Free access to Wi-Fi at the villa
What is not included in tour cost:
- All items not detailed in inclusions
- Personal spending
- Tickets for museums/monuments
- All transfers other than to the local train station
- Email us for pricing, this tour is available for commencement every Saturday through until October.