Kaikoura, the Sounds and Classic Fighters Airshow
Number of Days: 5
Destination: New Zealand
Our Easter escape heads north from Christchurch to lunch at Coldstream Farm on the way to Kaikoura. Drive the coastal highway to Blenheim and enjoy Gold Passes to the Airshow at Omaka. Cruise and enjoy the beauty of Pelorus and Kenepuru Sounds. Stay in Kaikoura and Picton, enjoy the beautiful Marlborough Sounds and Gold Passes at the Yealands Classic Fighters Airshow in Omaka
Day 1: Auckland - Christchurch – KaikouraFrom Christchurch airport we drive to lunch at Culverden with Vicki Collett and Andrew Dalzell at Coldstream Farm set in beautiful gardens. In Kaikoura we visit Fyffe House, built in the 1840s on whalebone foundations, the oldest building in Kaikoura. At the Museum the displays include the “New Normal, the Kaikoura Earthquake Exhibition”. We stay at The White Morph right across from the ocean in Kaikoura and dine out this evening.
What you'll love today includes: Home hosted lunch and South Island hospitality at Coldstream farm. Accommodation WHITE MORPH INN (or similar), Kaikoura
Day 2: Kaikoura - Blenheim - Yealands Classic Fighters AirshowThis morning we visit the nearby seal colony and take in the views of the peninsula from the lookout. We stop for lunch at The Store at Kekerangu beside the sea, then continue on to Blenheim. At the airfield the opening night's Twilight Extravaganza and fireworks.show gets underway early.In the mid evening we drive out to Picton for 3 nights.What you'll love today includes: The Kaikoura Coastal Road, Opening night fireworks at the airshow. Our base accommodation for 3 nights is the YACHT CLUB HOTEL (or similar), Picton
Day 3: Yealands Classic Fighters Airshow, OmakaEnjoy a full day at the Airshow from 10am to 4pm. Your Gold Pass provides grandstand seating and access to the Gold Pass Marquee where lunch is served and complimentary tea and coffee.Visit the Knights of the Sky exhibtion at Omaka - Sir Peter Jackson's own collection of First World War aircraft and artefacts. This story of aviation is brought to life in sets created by Weta Workshop. In the late afternoon we return to our hotel and dine in this evening.What you'll love today includes: A full day to enjoy the airshow
Day 4: Yealands Classic Fighters Airshow, OmakaWe return to Omaka Airfield to watch the aerial displays on the final day at the Airshow.First World War and Second World War aircraft are featured and the world’s only air worthy Avro Anson Mk1 along with other classy vintage machines. A complimentary lunch is served.We explore the Blenheim vineyards before returning for dinner in Picton.What you'll love today includes: The final day finale of the Airshow. Our included final dinner.
Day 5: Picton - Havelock - Kenepuru Sound - Blenheim – AucklandDeparting Picton after breakfast we arrive in Havelock to join our launch cruise through the inner Pelorus Sound and out into Kenepuru Sound to a Greenshell mussel farm. Hear about mussel farming and sample the fresh produce. We return to Havelock Marina for lunch and stroll a nearby short track. Then in the mid afternoon we transfer to Blenheim Airport for your flight.What you'll love today includes: Cruise the Kenepuru Sound and try fresh mussels. Lunch at Havelock Marina
- All transport by comfortable, air conditioned coach (maximum of 18 travellers).
- Services of your knowledgeable guide.
- Quality accommodation chosen for a “sense of place".
- Return airfares ex Auckland.
- Meals: All breakfasts(B), Lunches (L) including special lunch at: Coldstream Farm. All dinners (D)
- Take a guided tour of historic Fyffe House in Kaikoura.
- Visit the Kaikoura Museum Earthquake exhibition.
- Stay three nights at the Picton Yacht Club Hotel.
- Three Day Gold Pass to Classic Fighters Airshow.
- Lunch in the Gold Pass Marquee at the Airshow.
- Opening night Twilight Extravaganza and fireworks.
- See the Knights of the Sky exhibition at Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre.
- Take a mussel cruise and taste freshly steamed Greenshell mussels.
- Drive the Kaikoura Coast highway.
- Cruise Pelorus and Kenepuru Sounds to a Greenshell mussel farm.
- From $2,990 per person based on twin share
Single Traveller$3,390.00 Book Now
Twin Share$2,990.00 Book Now