Gardens of Eastern and Central Europe - GEE
Explore the classic cities, fabulous gardens and scenic highlights as our small group travels from Prague to Vienna
- Entrance to the Prague Castle, Cathedral, the Golden Lane (Circuit B)
- Gardens under the Prague Castle (Small Palffy garden, Kolowrat garden and Small Furstenberg garden)
- Royal Garden + The South Gardens
- Vrtbovska garden
- Dinner river cruise with dinner
- Průhonice park
- Prague Botanical Garden
- The historical Vineyard of St. Claire with wine tasting
- Japanese Garden
- The tropical greenhouse Fata Morgana
- Troja Castle + gardens
- Litomyšl Palace and garden
- Kroměříž palace and Flower Garden
- Lednice – Valtice – Mikulov complex (entrance to the Palace and garden in Lednice, entrance to the herb garden in Valtice, Valtice Palace and Mikulov outside only)
- Schonbrunn Palace and Gardens - Schonbrun Classic Pass : Grand Tour of the Palace with audioguide, Crown Prince Garden, Maze & Labyrinth, Orangery Garden and Gloriette with viewing terrace
- Entrance to Melk abbey and garden pavillon
- Pochlarn Garden
- Schloss Hof : Palace and Garden (1h guided tour in the garden OR palace included)
- Garden Tulln
12 DAY ITINERARY
Tour commences Prague and concludes in Vienna.
DAY 1: Prague
On arrival into Prague transfer to your hotel and check-in. Meet your tour leader and fellow travellers in the hotel reception bar at 6pm. Prague overnight. Welcome dinner (included) tonight. D
DAY 2: Prague
In the morning, Prague Old Town sightseeing: the famous Astronomical Clock, Old Town Square Tower, the Charles Bridge, and Little Quarter. Next, the Prague Castle, the St. Vitus Cathedral and the Golden Lane. Today we visit the following gardens:
Gardens below Prague Castle including the Palffy, Kolowrat and Furstenberg gardens, then to the Royal Garden and South Gardens. Prague overnight. B
DAY 3: Prague – Pruhonice - Prague
Today we visit. Průhonice park (15 km from Prague ) with unique collection of rhododendrons and Vrtbovska garden next to Hrad Castle. This evening we have a Vltava River Cruise with dinner. Prague overnight. B,D
DAY 4: Prague
Today we will taste and feel the best flavours and sounds of Prague and relax in the exotic surroundings of the Prague Botanical Garden including the historical Vineyard of St. Claire with wine tasting, the Japanese Garden, tropical greenhouse Fata Morgana then to Troja Castle the early Baroque château with beautiful garden. B
DAY 5: Prague –Kutna Hora– Litomyšl – Brno
Today we visit the Kutna Hora – bone ossuary and church, Litomyšl UNESCO listed and one of the biggest Renaissance castles in the Czech Republic, popular for film locations and its great interiors. Overnight in Brno. B
DAY 6: Brno – Kroměříž
This morning we have sightseeingin the Old Town of Brno is one of the most beautiful places of Moravia. Then to Kroměříž (65 km) – a UNESCO listed famous Flower Garden representing a transition between late renaissance Italian gardens and classical baroque gardens like Versailles. The Flower Garden of Kroměříž belongs to the most important examples of garden art. Overnight in Brno. B
DAY 7: Lednice – Valtice – Mikulov – Vienna
We explore this region of Moravia dotted with beautiful palaces and gardens. On the way to Vienna, including Lednice – Valtice Complex – the most extensive landscaped countryside in the world, UNESCO listed. Guided tour in the garden in Lednice and herb garden in Valtice. Next to Mikulov Castle – one of the most picturesque castles in Moravia, surrounded by a garden. Continues to Austria/Vienna for overnight.
DAY 10: Vienna – Schloss Hof – Garden Tulln – Vienna
Our full-day trip out of Vienna includes“The Garden of Prince Eugene of Savoy” (50 km) of Schloss Hof - a two-storey palace, with the so-called Paradise Garden famous for broderie plantations, artistic sculptures, historical orangeries and Mediterranean plants. Then to Garden Tulln is Europe‘s first ecological garden show, opens its gates every year from April to October. Over 60 show gardens invite you to marvel and enjoy: the lush rose garden, the pretty farmer‘s garden or the modern garden are surrounded by magnificent wetlands. B
DAY 11: Vienna
This morning we visit the Belvedere’s garden is one of Europe’s most significant historical gardens in French Baroque style. The afternoon is free to relax or explore. Farewell dinner (included) tonight. B,D
DAY 12: Vienna
The tour concludes after breakfast this morning. Transfer to the international airport for onward travel arrangements. B
Extra nights in Vienna.
Danube River cruise.
- or other arrangements as preferred
- Twin share full facility rooms at inner city boutique hotel accommodation.
- Air conditioned coach transportation.
- Transfers for designated group flights.
- Meals as per final itinerary: B = Continental breakfast, D = Welcome or other dinners.
- $7,995 per person based on twin share. Single Supplement is $1,989